Do you enjoy the challenge of managing a capture; all of the details, the collaboration and coordination, the strategy, the development of win themes and discriminators, working with peers and assessing competitors across industry to develop and deliver the best solution to win new business? If you do, come join us at Leidos and leverage your expertise and experience to lead a team of seasoned capture professionals on a new adventure!
Our Intelligence Group has a new opportunity for a Capture Director to lead capture activities for the National Solutions Operation with a focus on agencies such as NGA and NRO. The individual filling this position will be based out of our Chantilly, VA office.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a team of Capture Managers whose technical expertise, capture experience and win records are impressive. The role requires an ethical approach to identifying and pursuing new opportunities, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding, resourcefulness, outstanding business relationships, personnel management, team leadership, and understanding of business strategy. This is a new leadership position in the organization that will report to the Vice President for Business Development and Strategy.
- The Capture Director is directly responsible for leading a team of four senior capture managers as well as their teams.
- The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the operation, group and corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying Leidos IP to fill gaps; and the ability to negotiate for positive outcomes.
- In addition, extensive industry relationships, understanding of the existing program and teaming environment, and mastery of various facets of the customer mission are critical to this position.
- The knowledge of and ability to understand and execute the Leidos capture process is essential to success in this position.
- The ability to negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches sets this position apart from the senior capture managers.
- The individual filling this role must act with conviction and be willing to make decisions with limited information.
- Support to pipeline development, on contract growth efforts and new contract wins are critical elements of the Capture Director’s responsibilities.
- The Capture Director will have hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority for the capture team and in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- This position requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years of experience.
- The ideal candidate has led individuals and cross-functional teams for a minimum of 7 years.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Proven record of success capturing and winning opportunities within the Intelligence Community (single award >$250M+ captures) with emphasis on opportunity pursuit, pre-proposal, proposal and post-proposal activities.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, competitive position to win, pricing strategy, teaming, capture team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- 10+ years leading people, teams, and programs.
- Master’s degree
- TS/SCI with current polygraph
- Experience working in or with SAR
- Experience with domain and tradecraft approaches across multiple intelligence disciplines
- Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market, particularly NGA and/or NRO
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, an
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.