The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a senior level Environmental Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Professional, to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group (AJW-23) for Air Traffic Organization (ATO) by providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in execution of the Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety programs. The position will be located in the Washington DC commuting area.
The EOSH Professional’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform technical SME review of standards and guidance as related to the Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety programs and update applicable FAA documentation
- Assist in the review of existing Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety guidance and orders and provide recommended revisions and program related briefings
- Perform regulatory research and facility inspections, ensuring compliance of Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety established programs throughout the FAA
- Prepare technical analysis reports, conduct assessments to determine risks, assess potential hazards and controls, and general assistance with programmatic planning and implementation.
- Perform review and/or update program information as presented on a variety of FAA media.
- Prepare subject matter communications related to training and other regulatory updates.
- Assist in preparation for meetings and teleconferences and management initiatives including planning, scheduling, prioritization, finance, presentations, documents, and training
- Assist in the quarterly program management review process by performing required updates to the existing program management plans.
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with 8 to 12 years of relevant exempt experience. Master’s Degree with 6+ years of relevant exempt experience or PhD with 4 years of relevant exempt experience.
Must be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
The EOSH Professional must be a SME on Environmental Occupational Safety and Health, with demonstrated experience in Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety.
Prior experience supporting the FAA or other Federal Agency is highly desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.