Do you have a passion in working hands-on in designing, implementing, and analyzing NLP approaches that integrate, adapt, and extend novel capabilities to state-of-the-art technical challenges in competitive contract research and development (R&D) programs (basic and applied)? If yes please keep reading.
Here at Leidos we are looking for you, our latest Natural Language Processing Scientist (NLP) who loves and has skills in the following: computational linguistics, human language technology, machine translation, automated speech recognition, machine translation, linguistic data analysis, statistical programming, data science, and technical writing. If you have experience participating in, and leading multi-disciplinary teams of researchers and engineers we would love to take your experience and passion and put that to work to help our various customers. Your work will be completed in our Arlington, VA office where you will grow and learn from the best of the best in the industry.
Your day to day:
- Implement several NLP libraries to include Stanford CoreNLP, Spacy, NLTK, Word2Vec and Gensim along transformer models like BERT
- Use supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches for domain adaptation. Those approaches include named-entity recognition, sentiment analysis, information extraction, text classification, and newer NLP capabilities that are still theoretical.
- Assist the technical lead supervising the technical plan and resources
- Work at the direction of a technical lead (e.g., PhD-level research scientist), and work independently on research programs and adapt NLP technologies as part of a large project addressing highly-complex research challenges
- Collect and develop data sets based common to machine learning-based NLP tasks. Examples include data collection, exploration, formatting; dimension reduction; enhancing and improving data quality; and feature selection and engineering.
- Adapt and extend state of the art machine learning-based technologies to support NLP tasks
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree in Natural Language Processing, Natural Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning or related field and 4 years of relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years’ experience or 4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI with Poly security clearance
- Hands-on experience training and optimizing NLP algorithms
- Knowledge text processing and construction of corpora in unfamiliar languages; processing of large text collections with standard NLP tools for parsing, entity extraction, POS tagging, topic discovery and classification (such as sentiment analysis), and natural language understanding
- Ability in tuning hyper-parameters of existing NLP models for domain-specific data sets; computational manipulation and analysis of natural language documents using statistical models; experimenting with large corpora for developing and testing advanced NLP algorithms
- Experience in at least three of these Toolkits: NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras, Genism, vow pal wabbit, Stanford CoreNLP, BERT, etc.
- Understanding of programming fundamentals
- Python proficiency
- Self-starter and intellectual curiosity
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audience
- Proficiency in data exploration techniques and tools
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience programming machine learning algorithms for GPUs
- Ability with Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Siamese Networks, Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
- Working knowledge of Word2Vec, NLTK, BERT
- Discernment of when and how to use machine learning regulation
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00