Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Lead DevOps Engineer to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program working out of our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office.
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P is advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and microservice development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. Our Lead DevOps Engineer will contribute to the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation, and configuration. You will participate in fostering a DevOps culture, building strong cross functional collaboration with systems engineering, architecture, development, security, operations, and integration teams, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with the system integration/DevOps and operations teams as well as systems engineers and architects on the following key tasks:
• Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
• Deploy, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
• Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools such as Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Day-to-day collaboration with system integration engineers and system engineers to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
• Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
• Work with system integration team to improve release processes, perform process improvements, and document processes
• Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and Architect team
• Attend design sessions and provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
• Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software development, system engineering or related field. 10+ years of experience with master’s degree.
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• Must have Linux experience
• At least 8 years experience working as a DevOps Engineer
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container orchestration tools
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline and automated deployments
• Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python
• Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
• Experience with Elastic Search
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
• Experience with holding technical sessions involving customer and other stake holders
• Ability to track and produce key metrics
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with Kafka
• Experience with Web Services
• Technical degree and/or certifications
• Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
• Familiarity with GitFlow development model
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.