The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
The Civil Engineer role will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Communications Engineering Center in College Park, GA in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, and acceptance of shelters and roofing systems as part of the implementation of a wide variety of NAS Infrastructure programs and projects.
Civil Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports.
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Review JAI exceptions related to project closeout, and initiate action through the JAI Exception Closure Plan to assist Communication Engineering in the closure of JAI exceptions on assigned projects.
- Review project deliverables and provide verbal and written communication to the findings.
- Provide and coordinate timely response for Civil project RFIs (Requests for Information) and project related submittals.
- Monitor progress of projects and stakeholder needs and generate products and deliverables.
- Provide monthly and semi-annual Productivity Status reports in accordance with established format.
- Participate in construction inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete applicable EOSH work permits for construction including potential impact lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the preconstruction meeting and on-site
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed Civil projects.
Civil Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering degree from a 4 year ABET accredited College/University.
- 4+ years experience designing shelter replacement, road improvements, roofing replacement, facility structural improvement, and facility modernization.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.