The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sr. Security Engineer in Rockville, MD.
Support the engineering of the Security Services component within Infrastructure Engineering.
The Security Services component applies to hardware, software and services provided to maintain network security.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Protection from unauthorized devices, software, or users; protection from unauthorized access to, or use of, the network and networked assets; firewall services; intrusion detection and reporting; security monitoring; security architecture services; data protection; and prevention of malicious code entry into the network.
- Provide security engineering support in accordance with Federal and customer security mandates, policies, standards, and procedures.
- Provide security engineering support to develop and maintain a flexible security architecture; provide protection from unauthorized use of, or access to, the customer-managed network and networked assets; and protect all data residing on the network from intrusion, destruction, or compromise.
- Assess the current security architecture and deliver improvement recommendations.
- Strong understanding of Zero Trust requirements.
- Develop and deliver plans that improve security to physical and logical devices connected to the network.
- Develop and deliver recommendations for security assets refresh or upgrade on an annual basis.
- Develop and deliver recommendations for improved network security.
- Develop and deliver recommendations for policies to improve security vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Develop and deliver plans for Security Services asset updates or patches.
- Design, test, and support implementation of the approved Security architecture improvements.
- Design and support implementation of monitoring and managing access plans as approved.
- Design, test, and support implementation of plans to secure network attached devices.
- Design, test, and support implementation of approved firewall policies – Experience with Palo Alto and CheckPoint firewalls strongly preferred.
- Design, test, and support implementation and reporting on government-furnished Security Services assets refreshes or upgrades; deliver a monthly status report.
- Design and support implementation of approved recommendations for improving network security.
- Design and support implementation of approved policies for security vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Design, test, and support implementation of updates or patches approved for Security Services assets
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent and ten (10+) years of general experience. Six (6) years of additional general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. With a Master's degree, eight (8) plus years of general experience is required. With a PhD,
six (6 plus year of general experience is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Operating Systems Experience: Windows 2008/2012, Linux, PAN-OS, Checkpoint GAiA
• Proven experience in security architecture practices, processes, and strategic security planning
• Excellent knowledge of security and risk management trends as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities
• Expert knowledge of security controls and countermeasures (defense in depth) including practical experience with identity management, cyber-security, and IT processes / solutions
• Excellent knowledge of application development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Dev Ops) and the processes and practices used to secure them
• Experience with methodologies to conduct threat / risk modeling on new applications and services
• Expert knowledge of security / risk control frameworks (COBiT, ISO 27001, ITIL), and business continuity / disaster recovery frameworks (ISO 22301, ISO 27031)
• Strong leadership and facilitation skills with an ability to build relationships with stakeholders
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
Hold two (2) or more Certifications: GCIA, GSEC, GCED, GCWN, GPPA, GMON, GCUX, GWEB, ECSA, CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CheckPoint CCSE, CCMSE, CCSM, Palo Alto PCNSE, Cisco CCNA Security, Splunk Admin Certification
Proven Tools and Experience with two (2) or more of these: Checkpoint CPES, Tenable (SC5), Cisco ISE, FireEye, Splunk, Palo Alto Firewalls, Palo Alto Prisma Access, Crowdstrike, Splunk Phantom, Zero Trust, Microsoft G5 Security Suite (ex: Azure ATP, Defender ATP, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.