At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Linux Developer with PL/SQL.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
.Reviewing the existing Oracle 19c data models, existing PL/SQL and Linux scripts, and fix the code with Oracle Data warehouse standards – reading UNIX logs and executing UNIX commands.
- Understanding the db2 data models and JCL Programs.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting daily production jobs and job failures.
- Coordinate with various other teams to resolve production job failures.
- Managing applications on the Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM).
- Rewriting existing Oracle PL/SQL scripts in Postgres SQL to use in Greenplum database.
- Development of user documentation and guidelines.
- Development of presentation material.
- Provide after hours on-call support that will be required to apply changes during non-peak hours.
- Accept other duties as directed by management.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Proficiency with reading Linux/UNIX logs and executing basic Linux/UNIX commands.
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripting.
- Proficient experience with Legacy Data warehouse projects.
- Proficient experience with SQL, SQL Loader, Packages, triggers, Materialized Views, UTL file and external tables.
- Working knowledge with Control-M or any job scheduling tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle Virtual Machines.
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses.
- Hands on experience of PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of BitBucket and migrating scripts to the various SDLC environments.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse/business intelligence reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
- Hands on experience of Greenplum database.
- Hands on experience with data analysis.
- Hands on experience connecting to, and working in, the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server environment.
- Experience with working with Federal Government clients.
- Programming skills and proficiency using Tableau, and/or WebFOCUS 8. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn new skills, embed with a team, solicit ideas and feedback, and have good communication skills. They should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Pay and Benefits
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to spam.lei[email protected].