Leidos is seeking a Software Developer possessing the ability to design, develop, and implement end-to-end solutions to support our geospatial data production portfolio.
- The successful candidate will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, software, custom applications, and data integration solutions with a focus on both desktop and web based geospatial applications.
- The candidate will interact with staff at all levels of the company from analysts to PhDs.
- The candidate will work as part of an integrated development team for the creation of complex applications.
- An understanding of the ESRI ArcGIS/ArcGIS Pro suite of products is a plus.
Requires BS degree and 2 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Understanding of GIS software and GIS principals.
- Experience with extending ArcGIS Pro via the .NET and Python API’s a plus.
- Experience with databases such as SQL, SQLite, and PostGreSQL.
- Understanding of application architecture best-practices.
- Familiarity with open-source mapping application technologies such as, but not limited to, OpenLayers, Leaflet, Mapbox and GeoServer, a plus.
- Familiarity with source control practices and software such as GitHub and SourceTree.
- Must have the analytical and interpersonal skills to elicit and document business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret business applications and is responsible for developing applications and products to fulfill those requirements.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in GIS, Computer Science; or other applicable major. In lieu of a four-year degree, applicants with considerable progressive experience with GIS application development and GIS systems may be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.