The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Processors to support the Federal Aviation Administration, Western Service Area (WSA) team.
This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) Operations Support Group (OSG) in Des Moines, WA. The candidate will provide support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC), and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
Primary duties emphasize support to Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the NAS by coordination of those activities with the Federal Aviation Administration other users of the National Airspace System (NAS).
Routine duties may include:
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) expertise by evaluating applications for Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA) to access the NAS with UAS.
- Conduct feasibility analysis in coordination with Air Traffic (AT) facilities, writing and coordinating Special Provisions to define flight operations, and review and distribution of final approved COA’s.
- Provide SME support for proponent and FAA facility inquiries regarding the COA process, requirements, and operating areas.
- Provide review, recommendations, research, and analysis of UAS activities, requirements, and processes.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) expertise and support on UAS policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA.
- Bachelor degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR HS Diploma and 10 years of applicable experience OR relevant years of experience maybe accepted in lieu of degree.
- Previous designation as a FAA Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Experience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the National Airspace Systems (NAS).
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.