Leidos has a job opening for a Finance Analyst in Washington D.C Metro area to include the MD and VA areas.
Are you interested in joining an established entry-level professional program with the #1 Company on the Washington Technology Top 100 Contractors listing? Leidos, a Fortune 500 federal contractor with over $13B in annual revenue, is looking for top finance and business majors to be a part of our organization. As a member of the Leidos Finance and Business Operations Organization you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth.
Program Financial Control (External Customer Focus)
- Key member of Program Management Team (Finance Business Partner)
- Provide external customer with highest level of customer service (walk through invoice, explain deliverables, solve issues, etc)
- Funding management (contract, subcontracts and other net open commitments if applicable)
- Program start-up and maintenance – ensure project setup process is executed correctly
- Develops, tracks and updates program baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline (Program Performance Management)
- Includes development and overall management of program EAC
- Analyzes contract actuals for accuracy, identifies errors, ensures errors are corrected timely in the source system (preferred) or through cost transfer (journal entry)
- Communicate issues to Program Management to prevent future errors
- Responsible for program financial customer deliverables (CDRLs)
- Initiate (prior to being at-risk), track and manage program SPAs when necessary and work with PM team to obtain contract/funding to close SPAs
- Support financial presentation for program or operational reviews
- Proposal support to pricing for proposals above TCPD threshold
- Pricing of on-contract proposals below the current TCPD threshold
Program Financial Control (Internal Corporate Focus)
- Ongoing contract closeout activities during active contract performance
- Develop Financial EAC and required artifacts to support EAC position and present during quarterly EAC review meetings
- Financial Forecasting of Awards, Revenue, Op Income, etc:
- Develop programs annual operating plan
- Responsible and accountable for program financial forecast (monthly continuous and quarterly current forecast) **Closest to the Pin**
- Financial Risk & Opportunity management against financial forecast
- Variance analysis and reporting of actual program financial performance against AOP and rolling 6 quarter forecast
- Accountable for program billing (in coordination with Leidos Billing Team), cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Ownership of monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & op income for each program you support
- Support internal and external audits
- Bachelor's Degree and less than 2 years of experience
- Interested in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
- Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
- Team player who isn’t afraid to show initiative and solve problems
- Effective interpersonal skills and drive for excellent customer service
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
- Demonstrated experience performing Accounting, Finance, or Economics-related financial data analysis tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly comprehend processes and learn systems and tools
- Ability to execute data mining and analysis and present those findings to management
- Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- US Citizenship is required
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.