Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Network Engineer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware working at our Bethesda, MD. office. We need you to participate in building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development and deployment of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members on the following key tasks:
• Ability to configure networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
• Assist with networking aspects of design solutions
• Assist with Linux/CentOS/Ubuntu Patching and network patching
• Maintain the deployment environment according to the systems engineering specifications and baseline configuration at given points in time
• Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
• Assist with staging and production deployments
• Support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
This is you:
• Bachelors degree in a technical domain with 8 years of relevant experience, or a Masters degree with 6 years of relevant experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must have Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI clearance and Polygraph
• CCNA or CCNP Cisco certifications
• At least 4 years' experience as a network engineer
• 4 years of experience with networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
• Experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
• Experience with CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
• Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
• Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
• Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge and experience in multiple Cisco routing, switching and security technologies with a strong background in Cisco routing, switching, Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco Nexus
• Enterprise level experience of working in a large/international corporate environment is desirable
• Experience with Cisco's UCS and ACI deployments, specifically building and deploying service profiles the UCS servers
• Experience with Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM)
• Experience creating and deploying EPG (endpoint groups), Bridge domains, and VRFs within an Application Centric Network as well as extending layer two and lays 3 networks via a software defined platform
• Experience with Salt or Ansible, Postman or Chef for network automation
• Experienced Data center skills related to the Nexus 7/5k adding/removing FEX
• Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
• Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
• Experience with storage engineering, wide-area networking, and network virtualization
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Ability to identify, deploy, and manage complex networking systems
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with design solutions and documentation
• Experience with infrastructure support
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to plan and estimate tasks, track own progress, and communicate risks in a timely manner
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Data center skills related to the Nexus 7/5k adding/removing FEX
• Creating/deploying VPC (virtual port channels)
• Experience with phpIPAM, which is an open-source web IP address management application (IPAM)
• At least 4 years of experience in an operations or system administration role
• Analyzing existing hardware, software, and networking systems
• Creating and implementing scalable Cisco networks according to client specifications
• Testing and troubleshooting installed Cisco systems
• Resolving technical issues with networks, hardware, and software
• Performing speed and security tests on installed networks
• Preferred experience applying network security upgrades
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.