Leidos is seeking an experienced System Administrator to join our Infrastructure and Lab Engineering team in support of our Transportation Solutions Air Traffic Control FAA contracts. This position will be responsible for both the daily maintenance & sustainment of our software development and test labs as well as creating and implementing innovative solutions for current and emerging technologies. Additional responsibilities include the analysis and evaluation of user business problems and the development of system recommendations to meet requirements. Analysis of current and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems. Coordinating with business and technology teams to ascertain system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of user acceptance, and may coordinate testing and system controls.
System Administrator duties include:
• Interfacing with software and system architects to design infrastructure solutions to meet development and testing requirements.
• Effectively designing and implementing lab environment capacity and security requirements. Creating and using automation methods to perform installation, configuration, and administration of Linux and Windows systems.
• Creating and overseeing the implementation of system level architectural lab plans for servers, workstations, storage and associated networks.
• Working closely with Engineering leads to gather system requirements and create plans to implement the requirements.
• Providing troubleshooting expertise to moderately complex system issues with time critical impacts if not fixed quickly.
• Creating and consulting on documentation for contract delivery.
• Working with Corporate IT groups to ensure program labs are secure while having the access needed across various WANs to be able to meet contract requirements.
• Associated Corporate IT responsibilities include providing required network ports and protocols in order to create firewall policies.
Note: These systems will be both physical and virtual with external connectivity to outside sources including the cloud. Once a system is installed, this position requires providing critical system integration support to software and system engineering teams. Drawing upon OS, SAN, Cloud, Security, Scripting and Systems Integration expertise, this position will provide contract milestone support to software and system engineering groups to ensure the implemented solution meets contract requirements.
System Administrator responsibilities:
• Routine backups of data to disk drives, tapes, & network storage (NetApp)
• Administration of root passwords, user IDs, & file systems
• Interface with subcontractors who require access to the labs
• Provide lab support to Leidos employees located at customer sites
• Manage the distribution, installation, and deletion of software releases
• Interface with various functional teams such as integration, test, software, etc.
• Continually improve and automate methods of maintaining labs
• Constantly monitor the health of the labs throughout the evolving program life cycles
• Interface with network engineering and security teams to ensure accessibility and security of the labs is sufficient to support our mission while protecting sensitive data
• Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent military and/or work experience and minimum of 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Attention to detail regarding quality of work, documentation, work planning
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to apply discretion and judgment and invoke sound engineering principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments
• Basic understanding of network layers, WANs/LANs/VLANs, subnetting, addressing, & network protocols (focusing on Cisco & Aruba devices)
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience with VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter, & the administration of virtual labs
• Experience using VNC Viewer and/or Guacamole
• Shell scripting experience
• Management of user accounts using IPA / LDAP
• Ability to read and create high level diagrams, network diagrams, & cable marking specifications
• Ability to diagnose/triage and resolve basic HW issues
• Understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), with focus on development labs from design to implementation to maintenance to decommission
• Experience with the following tools & technologies
o Atlassian JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, Confluence, and BitBucket
o OpenText EOD/ETX
o NAS/SAN operations, specifically NetApp
• Desire to pick up additional systems engineering and/or software engineering tasks in support of growing this role and the value we provide to our customers
• Administration and implementation experience of systems running AIX
• Administration and implementation experience of systems running Windows / Windows Server, including Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Terminal Services
• Administration and implementation experience of systems running on Amazon Web Services, including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Block Store (EBS), and Glacier
• Basic understanding of SecDevOps
This job requires a reliable on-site presence to support program development & test labs, which are comprised of a variety of computing equipment. Occasional on-call support may be required. Candidate may be responsible for establishing and conducting test routines, developing or executing project plans & schedules, and documenting work.