Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced Lead Test Engineer to assist us with building a test program to support a complex System of Systems for our USAF customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill to support business area growth in the Force Protection Market with an overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-sUAS (C-sUAS); providing a wide range of engineering support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsible for coordination with our Systems and Software Engineering teams, OEM vendors and our customer to develop system level test plans and procedures to support system-level integration and formal test activities in our Leidos SIL, customer Test Range environments as well as deployed sites in support of system installations and checkout. Additionally, the candidate will support the execution of the integration and test plans by leading the conduct of integration activities, test procedure dry-runs and formal conducts as well as creating and briefing the required TRR and PTR packages. The individual should enjoy working as part of large, geographically dispersed team. Individual should possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
Primary duties include:
- Generate system test plans to define the program’s strategy to integrating and testing new and existing components of the SoS in support of ongoing development and fielding activities.
- Lead the development of the system test procedures used to verify the system level requirements for the SoS. Collaborate with systems and software engineering to ensure that the procedures provide test coverage to ensure that all functional capabilities can be exercised.
- Generate Test Readiness Review packages to describe readiness to conduct formal testing and achieve customer approval to proceed with formal testing activities.
- Generate system test reports and briefings that capture the detailed test results from integration and test activities.
- Supports the configuration and test asset management at the Leidos SIL.
- Support the configuration and test asset management at the customer Test Range.
- Collaborate with systems and software engineering to create automated testing scripts to provide more robust test coverage and buy down risk prior to formal test events.
- Supports the Site Project Engineering team and the S&S organization with deployment related integration and test activities for site installations.
- Perform peer reviews of technical CDRL submissions
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a Secret clearance.
- Requires a BS and 8+ years system integration and test experience.
- Experience leading a systems test team.
- Experience creating and maintaining test automation scripts for software and system level testing.
- Experience creating use cases and scenarios to support system test.
- Experience working with systems engineers and software developers to identify and resolve discrepancies found during testing.
- Experience working in both a team environment and working independently, self-motivated.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with Windows and Android platforms
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Active Top Secret clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.