Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago. We’re seeking a Senior Project Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in running large information technology projects in various customer businesses areas at an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Project Manager to lead large, complex IT Infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will bring significant experience to plan, coordinate and manage all functions and activities necessary to execute the project to meet the customer requirements.
Location: Preference will be given to candidates in the New Orleans, LA, The Woodlands, TX, Jackson, MS or Little Rock, AR area. Role may be remote, however selected candidate will be expected to report to the office/client site on an as-needed basis.
· Plan, coordinate and manage large IT infrastructure projects.
· Integrate all functions and activities necessary to execute the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
· Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
· Ensure adherence to PMO processes and creation of quality deliverables as required.
· Manage project risks and issues according to the PMO standards.
· Interface with task leaders, subcontractors and support personnel, customer, and senior management.
· Develop a detailed project execution plan
· Provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks.
· Assess performance of subordinates, and coach them as needed.
Required Education & Skills:
· Bachelor's degree or higher with at least 8+ years project manager experience. High school diploma with 4 years additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· PMP Certification (preferred)
· Excellent customer-facing skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Proficiency with working on complex project schedules in P6
· Proficiency in PMI/SDLC project management processes
· Experience working in electric utility industry preferred
· Ability to work on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects with demanding customers
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Program Specific Salary Range: $120 - $140K
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.