The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Systems Administrator for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This position will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA’s Enterprise Network Engineering Tools (ENET) solution, providing Tier III support for server and application infrastructure under general supervision as well as its eventual migration to AWS.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL (St. Louis, MO) or Washington, DC for on-site support.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Work independently and delegate task to ensure the reliability, availability, and security of the environments by proactively ensuring that the system is being monitored, leading and/or working with others to troubleshoot, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations
- Communicate status of task to the respective project lead or leads
- Provide hands on assistance and mentoring to team members to work through design solutions, creating or following standard operating procedures, while troubleshooting issues and in completion of daily task
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, track and manage task all System Administration task for the system.
- Leading the team to ensuring regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs
- Overseeing the system maintenance, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS is performed regularly and tracked
- Tracking and perform and test regular backups
- Monitoring and tuning system and network performance, including RHEL and VMWare systems, for optimal system availability
- Working with team to configure, manage and maintain components of the system solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Working with team to deploy system components in the Lab environment, integrate with other systems, perform testing and validation
- Manage, tracking and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates and the hardware/software baseline
- Supporting system baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware
- Lead planning and migration of ENET infrastructure and applications from the Data Center environment to the AWS cloud.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and system performance parameters
- Develop technical solutions by collaborating with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
- Work with network engineers and developers to troubleshoot environment issues as necessary
- Escalate support issues to vendors as necessary and coordinate resolution
- Manage access including creation and management of user and service accounts
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
- Track and report status of operating system patching of AWS EC2’s.
- Provide technical and various system administration task support to the GMS AWS Environment team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline and 12+ years of relevant experience Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance
- Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 or higher certification (i.e. CompTIA Security+/CE, CASP or CISSP) or ability to get certification with 60 days of hire
- Experience leading a team, tracking team task status and helping team member’s complete tasks in support of IT systems.
- Linux system administration experience demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, create standardized processes or technical guides, prioritize tasks, assign task to other and to provide hands on assistance to maintain, deploy IT systems.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities including, but not limited to, rack and stacking equipment, pull cable, and terminating cables.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Virtual Environment administration.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Ability to communicate with program leaders and clients on status, issues, or technical designs
- Ability to follow documented processes and to provide updates to optimize or enhance the process when needed.
- Demonstrate good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- Experience managing HPE integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience managing and using Ansible automation tools
- Knowledge of Git and the Git version control model
- Understanding of PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing and maintaining replicated databases
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring enclave Fiber/Ethernet switches, HPE storage area networks (SAN)/ network attached storage (NAS)
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or Atlassian JIRA
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.