The Defense Group at Leidos has an opportunity for a WIN-T INC 2 Baseband TMR to support Warfighter Readiness Program at Fort Drum NY. This position will provide field support, training and logistics for On the Move (INC2) systems.
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on WIN-T INC 2 systems.
- Maintain a "Face to Face" presence with internal and external customers to ensure support elements are responding to unit requirements.
- Represent parent/supported organization, and at meetings, provide continual communication on situations, pro-actively identify and resolve problems before they become critical.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with partners and unit representatives to identify, quantify, their requirements, and develop practical solutions.
- When applicable, provide follow-up communication with written direction and feedback.
- Clearly communicate, orally and in writing, discussions, meetings, IPRs, IPTs, briefings, & through electronic media on a reoccurring basis.
- Represent parent/supported organization by attending required meetings, briefings and conferences as requested and reporting results back to GTL.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation as required.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Compile and implement technical data procedures and software release patches for government customers.
- Implement Field Technical Guide updates and/or Maintenance Work Orders as required.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Conduct “train the trainer” events for partners and units/individuals.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 or more years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Ideal Candidate will be experienced in two or more of the below functional areas:
- Understands/familiar with Layer 2 concepts (VLANs, MAC Addressing)
- Understands/familiar with Layer 3 concepts (Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN), IP subnetting)
- Understands/familiar with TCP/IP protocol model/OSI reference model
- Understands/familiar with command line interface and syntax of Cisco, Brocade, and Windows operating systems
Network Operations, Security, and Administration
- Understands/familiar with IA and Network Security technologies (network scanning, Firewalls, Host and Network Intrusion Prevention and Detection)
- Understands/familiar with Network Operations (configuration management, network monitoring, fault isolation and remediation)
- Understands/familiar with Windows Server (installation, configuration, operation)
- Understands/familiar with virtualization technologies (installation, configuration, operation of ESXi and VMWare)
- Understands/familiar with Frequency Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access transmission environments
- Understands/familiar with Radio Frequency and Satellite Communications theory
- Understands/familiar with electronic maintenance actions; preventative maintenance, services, testing and diagnostics