The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos’ Advanced Systems Group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies, and commercial clients. MSD is currently looking for an acoustic signal processor to support engineering activities at the Leidos Long Beach, MS office. The position will consist of a broad range of tasking including data analysis, algorithm design, hardware testing, and at-sea systems testing.
- Conduct research and analysis to inform hardware and signal processing algorithm designs for undersea systems. This includes modeling/simulation, lab/at-sea testing, and analysis of post-test data
- Write and review test plans, white papers, and report deliverables that are intended for dissemination to USG customers and internally
- Develop innovative R&D concepts that address current and emerging challenges in underwater sensing and advance the state of the art in key areas of strategic importance to Leidos
- Masters degree in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or other field related to acoustic signal processing
- 6+ years of prior experience in acoustic signal processing
- Proficiency in Matlab and Microsoft Office
- Proficient in laboratory measurement techniques and experimental design
- Experience with acoustic modeling and simulation
- Experience in adaptive signal processing, beamforming, and filter design
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-Level security clearance
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences including USG customers, program managers, and engineers specialized in other disciplines
- Focused on developing robust solutions to problems that take into consideration all aspects of system design including cost, SWAP, and reliability
- Should be comfortable using and testing hardware/electronics
- Willing to travel regularly, including for at-sea demonstrations and tests
Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.