Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Training Developer in support of the Army’s Synthetic Training Environment (STE). Leidos is seeking a mid-level Training Developer to support the creation, validation, delivery and training of a complex distributed simulation-based training system. The position will require a fair amount of independence and will interact on a daily basis with a broad range of other technical skills to complete the tasks needed. An outgoing personality that seeks to find the necessary data and transform it into innovate video and online training solutions is required. This position will have primary responsibility for an assigned range of documents and training outcomes which will be merged into a larger training and support package to be delivered to the customer. Position requires maturity and the ability to operate in a fluid environment where the candidate will need to take initiative to define the correct answers and initiate contact to resolve uncertainties. This will be a collaborative position in an Agile team-based program.
A successful candidate will be primarily involved with the development of new content, and the merging together of inputs from multiple source to create a single integrated set of documentation and training materials. Scope of specific responsibilities may include supporting the development of technical manuals. An understanding of AI driven training architecture may be useful. Implementation of a modern simulation driven training system will be directly supported by the integration and consolidation of materials from multiple sources into a single coherent training capability. Candidate may have the opportunity to conduct training in conjunction with the materials being developed but a self-contain (instructorless) training solution is the ultimate goal.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a good aptitude for problem solving, be organized and able to communicate at a high level. Knowledge of fundamental constructs such as learning theory/instructional development is considered essential at the start. Ability to translate technical jargon into more easily understandable prose is essential. Ability to understand and communicate with technical staff is considered a standard part of the position.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with other Training Developers, System and Software Engineers, and subject matter experts to develop effective Technical publications, short training videos and other computer based opportunities for customer workforce.
- Support the development of HTML based training solutions
- Operate within an Agile Software Development Life Cycle framework.
- Integrate with developers and subject matter experts to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with technical developers/designers to produce media that supports instructional goals and objectives.
- Use Microsoft office, Camtasia, and other proprietary tools for concurrent training development.
- BA degree in related technical field and 2+ years prior relevant experience, OR equivalent years of experience in lieu of education.
- Strong working knowledge of the software development and testing processes
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert with Army Tech Pub and/or Training
- Experience in developing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions
- Experience working on software development projects, especially Agile based development programs, within DOD, US Army, PEO-STRI and/or
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Knowledge and experience with Army Training Product development
This Position REQUIRES 100% on site work with no telework currently available.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.