The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) business unit currently has an opening for a Project Manager to lead ongoing VACIS product development and product delivery activities.
Responsible for driving new and variant VACIS product development initiatives to completion / production readiness in support of near term customer procurement efforts. Position will require regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders to meet specific product requirements, schedule and cost objectives. Position includes delivery of the product to the field and ongoing product sustaining efforts to support long-term maintenance.
Specific activities shall include:
- Develop product specifications against customer and derived requirements.
- Lead engineering resources to develop product to meet or exceed defined requirements.
- Communicate contract requirements to functional teams via regular project meetings.
- Ensure product design meets the technical, cost and schedule metrics as provided by management.
- Lead product specific contract proposal efforts towards successful award.
- Execute product delivery contracts to include production, installation and customer acceptance in the field.
- Monitor and report project EAC, as well as agreed upon technical, cost, schedule, contract, and customer satisfaction metrics at monthly program reviews.
- Upon transition to product support, monitor product field reliability to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Day to day POC with the customer for active contracts.
- Support account manager in customer related marketing activities.
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field.
- Possess 4+ years of experience working on projects/programs with at least 2 years serving successfully in positions of major responsibilities such as Deputy Project Manager or Chief Engineer.
- Project Management experience required, PMP preferred.
- Technical background with direct Product Development experience.
- Direct experience with non-intrusive inspection equipment.
- Familiar with government and commercial fixed-price contracts.
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish) a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.