Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager to support the business development and capture activities of our Military Health accounts. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within Military Health and Veterans Programs, continuing to build the Leidos business pipeline, executing the capture process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the domain.
- Assist with capture activities, to include strategy workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase win probability.
- Maintain complete action item lists, call plans and opportunity repository sites to ensure continuity of materials and actions across diverse team members and activities
- Drive continuous analytical thinking across team members to derive appropriately innovative solutions
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasks.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and at least 12+ years in a Capture Manager, Business Development and/or Proposal Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful capture management at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key account business rhythms, technical priorities, acquisition trends; access to government customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for health or defense agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the Military Health / Veterans Affairs community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close