Unleash your potential!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Lead AutoCAD Electrical Designer to work out of our Atlanta, GA office
In this role, you will use accepted practices and standards to create substation design drawing packages and required documents for electric power substations from 12kV to 500kV.
Lead AutoCAD Electrical Designer responsibilities includes, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to follow standard design guidelines and client requirements.
- Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD and drafting standards.
- Ability to create training documents and manuals related to AutoCAD E and SDS design software programs.
- Ability to performing drafting/CAD quality assurance and control for projects done by designers and drafters.
- Ability to lead, develop others and share best practices related to AutoCADE and SDS tools.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Identifies training needs for designers and drafters, plans, coordinates, and conducts training as required.
- Perform duties as required in the engineering of electric power P&C guidelines.
- Develop bill of materials for major equipment and materials and AC and DC diagrams.
- Development of control P&C design single- and three-line diagrams.
- Development of schematics and wiring diagrams for major substation equipment using AutoCAD Electrical and SDS tools
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- An associate degree in engineering technology or drafting technology. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have 6-10 years of substation design experience using CAD preferably electric utility industry related projects.
- A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be substituted in lieu of education and experience requirements.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD Electrical, Word, and Excel to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a multi-discipline group
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of protection & control design experience
Preferred Experience/Additional information:
- Experience and Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, SDS for ACADE, SDS Utility Data Hub
- Substation design and Utility client experience
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.