The Transportations Solutions Operation within the Civil Group is seeking a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for a new startup program called Operational Analysis and Reporting System (OARS). OARS is a suite of safety analysis tools and capabilities to support Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s enhanced safety goals. OARS is an Agile development, cloud migration initiative which will be implemented in multiple phases over the course of eight years. OARS will address existing the FAA safety system shortfalls, will accelerate the delivery of OARS capabilities, and sustain an affordable investment profile. OARS will consolidate safety data from a variety of current tools, applying a consistent analytical approach and will replace disparate legacy safety systems with a single, unified view of safety performance. OARS will be developed in FAA’s Government Cloud Community (GCC) (IaaS) and interface to FAA Enterprise Information Management (EIM) (PaaS/DaaS). OARS will use predictive models to assist analysts in proactively addressing emerging safety risks and make more informed system-level decisions.
Deputy Program Manager responsibilities:
• Assist the Program Manager with day-to-day contractual and programmatic management of the contract and all task orders.
• Support Program Manager with the timely execution of all financial, staffing and administrative contract actions
• Ensure the accuracy, quality, configuration management and timely delivery of all required contract deliverables
• Ensuring work deliverables, resolving performance shortfalls or deficiencies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating overarching Government objectives and goals for the task orders to the contractor team
• Help establish standards, procedures, and best practices for consistent, repeatable project management across the program.
• In the absence of the Program Manager, act to commit resources and make decisions for Leidos in response to Government issues, concerns, or problems.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identifies and reports on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements.
• Assist the Program Manager to meet all technical, financial, and contractual and performance requirements to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
• Directly contribute to program efforts providing cost accounting management support (CAM helper) for several control accounts.
• Bachelor's Degree in information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and minimum of 8+ years of direct work experience in Engineering and/or related field, or a Masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the engineering life-cycle for software development programs
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance; provide effective management and oversight of team members in various locations
• Demonstrated experience with financial analysis, including variance analysis, risk assessment, and MS Office skills.
• Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Able to Identify, manage, and mitigate program cost, schedule and technical risks
• PMP Certification is desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.