Leidos Defense Group is seeking a mid-level curriculum/training developer to support the creation, validation, delivery and training for the THAAD Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) Enhanced Operator/Maintainer (EOM) operations and maintenance tasks for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system.
A successful candidate will be primarily involved with the development of new content, and the merging together of inputs from multiple sources to create a single integrated set of documentation and training materials. Scope of specific responsibilities may include layout of the course of instruction as a starting point or using preexisting courses to augment and modify to match the current system configuration. Implementation of a modern simulation training system will be directly supported by the integration and consolidation of materials from multiple sources into a single coherent training capability.
- Design or conduct work-related training and development programs to improve individual skills or organizational performance
- Integrate the technical documentation (e.g. IETMs, System/Software Manuals, Operator Manuals, COTS manuals, Maintenance Manuals, engineering data, programmatic data, etc.) and provide a single source of integrated technical documentation.
- Analyze organizational training needs or evaluate training effectiveness
- Fully comprehend and be able to respond to changing course objectives
- Deliver and train coursework
- Respond to participant and staff needs during and outside of course delivery, such as resolving logistical or technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience or training in critical thinking
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite
- The ability to work in a team environment where you understand the entire course material in order to ensure continuity between modules
- The ability to understand, develop and meet lesson objectives
- Experience with direct customer interaction and the ability to shape the roadmap of training through partnership with them and the team
- Collaborate with technical developers/designers to produce media that supports instructional goals and objectives.
- Interim Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
- Experience using JIRA
- Operate within an Agile framework
- Knowledge of missile defense systems
- Familiarity and experience with IETM development processes and Army Training Product development
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.