The Leidos Innovation Cell (LinC) is seeking you, our next Chinese (Mandarin) Open Source Collector to provide collection and exploitation of publicly-available information (PAI). Based in Charlottesville, VA, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational exploitation of various publicly available data sources, to include unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing value to our customers’ interests. You have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Ideally you have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. We know you are motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems security engineering and software development related issues.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, interpreting results, and publishing detailed written reports
- Define requirements for enhancement to collection and analytics platform, and participate in acceptance testing
- Responsible for seeking improvement in methodologies used and creating new solutions - based on subject matter expertise- in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program
- Assisting other collectors with the collection process for the pertaining AOR.
- Assisting the center is the process of professionalizing OSINT as a career field.
- Training CTR, CIV, and other parties in the collection process, OSINT requirements, AOR developments, and other aspects related to the collector position.
This is you:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with at least 8 years of professional experience as an intelligence analyst, data collector, or linguist or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret security clearance and willing to submit to a polygraph
- Spoken and written fluency in Chinese (Mandarin)
- Significant experience with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
- Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
- Ability to work one-on-one and as a contributor to a team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Proven experience with data science techniques
- Ability to script analyses and write algorithms to partially automate tasks in Python or R
- Proven experience with statistical data mining techniques
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.