Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a junior/mid level Business Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client. The successful candidate will assist with some of our emerging technology deployment work and automation process mapping. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in the New Orleans, LA, The Woodlands, TX, Jackson, MS or Little Rock, AR area, as these are where the client sites are. Selected candidate will be expected to report/travel to the client site on an as-needed basis.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyzing, evaluating, and documenting business processes
- Gathering key requirements from stakeholders and producing useful reports and analysis
- Facilitating meetings and presenting reports, analysis, or findings
- Documenting and effectively communicating the results of your efforts
- Documenting, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Validate that the solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
- Assist with obtaining document samples and test data and creating mockups for testing if needed for specific use cases related to deployments.
- Assist with creating business cases
- Process Mapping – Responsible for documenting business processes, developing valuation estimates to support automation development, technical mapping and solutioning the expanding Intelligent Automation solution set (expansion from RPA to low code, intelligent document processing, chat, etc.).
- Facilitate end-to-end process mapping sessions and drive teams to re-design processes to be more efficient, including the application of technology for further automation.
- Develop valuation estimates for automation opportunities and present and propose to senior management for approval.
- Collects data from Continuous Improvement Business Partners and Business SMEs to support identifying, submitting, and evaluating automation opportunities including processes to support Automation Lifecycle phases from registration through delivery.
- Provide regular status updates to management regarding the status of automation efforts and escalate issues to management as necessary.
- Assist with RFP (Request for Proposal) activities.
- Coordination of RFP activities and responses.
- Setting up demos.
- Contract & SLA activities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years of related experience
- Substantial process mapping experience
- Experience with process optimization
- Must be self-driven and have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated multitasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Explains technical solutions, practices, and procedures to technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels through excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience with process management tools and methodologies
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing events and priorities
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Focused on controls & customer outcomes, demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented. Strong sense of accountability
- Strong collaboration and relationship management knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Well-organized with strong communication, facilitation, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business SMEs & leaders, including identifying needs, developing deliverables, and presenting results/recommendations to enable outcomes
- Knowledge of intelligent automation and cognitive platforms, including Automation Anywhere preferred
- Active PMP Certification preferred
- Utility experience preferred
Program Specific Salary Range: $65K to $85K
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00