The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Test Engineering to focus on the overall reliability of a complex software within a fast-growing user base. Your responsibilities will testing software programs to monitor, detect and fix problems before users even know there is an issue. You will use these skills to improve software overall reliability.
As a Test Engineer, you will:
- Utilize software from an end-user perspective.
- Write and perform manual regression testing procedures.
- Write and run automated front-end regression tests.
- Provide troubleshooting support for customers experiencing issues.
- Document test performance, bugs, and design inefficiencies in the software.
- Work closely with developers in creating realistic testing scenarios.
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and have or be willing to obtain a current Polygraph
- Requires a BS and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Team player – support, back-up and collaborate with other testers, developers, and associated operations integration team.
- Strong communicator – clear, concise, collaborative, well-spoken/written, capable of remaining calm while discussing difficult issues with customers and employees.
- Organized and capable of documenting existing test capabilities, test performance, and test needs.
- Self-motivated to explore new and better ways of improving our test performance and coverage.
- Skilled and disciplined to work with a distributed team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential
- Passion for new technologies, software, and processes
- SIGINT Analysis experience
- Experience with test engineering in government contracting.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- Experience with Cypress.io automated test software.
- Write and run automated back-end tests.
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows.
- Experience with command/line scripting, such as Bash.
Any experience in these areas is a plus:
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.