The Senior Proposal Manager position is within the Strategy & Business Development’s Capture Operations & Excellence Group.
This role is to support Competitive Proposal bids as the Proposal Manager on proposals ranging from $100M to over multibillion dollars. Candidate will be responsible for leading and providing capture and proposal expertise to all Lines of Business, to include Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health. Expectations of successful candidate will include: Participation in proposal development team planning and execution, Reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Conducting analysis on RFP, leading video/oral proposals and/or segments (FEDSIM and similar proposals), and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Additional requirements include performing all tasks related to the Leidos Win Plan; leading proposal teams, preparing support artifacts, and managing proposal development activities. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses reflect win strategy elements and align to evaluation factors and criteria.
- Lead, review, analyze, and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phases through Post Proposal Phases (Strategy sessions, AMUs, Compliance Matrixes, Final Writing stage, Color Reviews, EN/FPRs, support to transition teams, etc.) ensuring compliance and compelling proposal delivery
- Lead and/or support proposals in multiple roles
- Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RTEPs, RFIs)
- Oversee/produce proposal management-related materials such as schedules, roles and responsibilities, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and technical solution sessions and ensure clear communication of these materials to your team
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents; remain current of modifications and communicate those changes to the team
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., AMU’s, Initial Draft, Red Team) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and increase proposal scorability
- Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Support other business development professionals (e.g., editorial support, volume management, review participation) when necessary as part of a team-first capture and proposal organization
- Support other Proposal Operations activities (e.g., content databases, SharePoint library management) as needed
- Ensure proposal compliance
- Support the development of junior Proposal Managers and proposal processes
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree with 10 years of experience, 10+ years’ Federal Government proposal management, Volume Lead, support, and/or writing experience
- 4+ years’ experience leading proposals over $500M
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations (e.g. FAR)
- Experience leading traditional video, live orals, and / or demonstration proposals
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal submissions covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing, Security, Cost Volume, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams (on/off-site)
- Ability to travel and willingness to come into the office
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission windows
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Experience leading FEDSIM proposals
- Government proposal management experience for IT and manufacturing solutions and services procurements
- Formal proposal training and/or relevant certifications (e.g., APMP, PMP)
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
- Confidence with additional proposal-relevant software, such as Project, On-Target, etc
- Experience as an Orals/Video Coach
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.