The EW Division of Leidos is looking for a FPGA DSP Firmware Design Engineer to work with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, scientists, etc) to design, develop, simulate, and integrate challenging DSP FPGA designs and RF sensor systems based on given project requirements. As a FPGA Engineer on the team, selected candidate will work to with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms and their implementation in MATLAB and FPGAs in support of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary design team.
This role will also support integration, test, and verification in the final products.
In collaboration with team members, this position will support:
• Analyze, design, simulate, and implement algorithms in hardware descriptor languages, HDL (VHDL, Verilog), based on customer requirements and/or MATLAB model(s).
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers and scientists) to design and integrate challenging DSP FPGA designs and RF sensor systems.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplined design team to design and integrate DSP applications for latest System on a Chip (SoC) implementations such as Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+, Intel Stratix-10, and Xilinx RFSoC.
• Analyze, design, and implement HDL test benches in hardware description languages, HDL (VHDL, Verilog), for code validation and validation against models.
• Perform design constraints generation and verification as well as evaluate synthesis and timing performance reports.
• Implement and validate signal processing concepts such as FFTs, channelizers, digital filters, digital modulation, digital down/up-conversion, adaptive processing, etc. into either new or existing modular HDL designs.
• Analyze, design, simulate, and implement designs which interface to common signaling standards, typical IP hard macros such as SERDES, PLLS, etc. and/or protocols such PCIe, JESD204B, LVDS, etc.
• Analyze schematic diagrams for either custom or commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) electronic hardware involving high-speed digital and/or analog circuitry in associated FPGA-centric systems.
• Develop and maintain requirements documents, functional specification documents, interface control documents, etc.
• Generate and maintain engineering drawings and configuration management policies for FPGA project hierarchy.
• Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and field testing.
• Provide occasional technical support and/or field support planning, and other field support in general if needed.
• Conduct experimental tests on latest FPGA and SoC evaluation boards, evaluate results, and then develop specifications for selecting next-generation components for deliverable systems.
• Work on problems of diverse scope, determining methods and procedures to be used on new assignments, and providing feedback and recommendations to other technical personnel.
• Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
• Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods may be occasionally required.
• Provide status reports to project managers and/or division production manager as required.
• Must have an active Secret security clearance, TS/SCI level clearance preferred
• Experience with at least one FPGA Integrated Design Environment tool set such as Xilinx Vivado and Mentor Graphics ModelSim
• Experience in signal processing theory and/or communications systems and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
• Experience with MATLAB
• BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related degree
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related
• Experience with MATLAB signal processing environment
• Experience writing test software in C/C++ or assembly language to validate design
• Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (high-speed logic analyzers, scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
• Familiarity with Electronic Warfare applications
• Experience with high-speed (> GHz) design techniques
• ARM or RISC-V embedded processor based SoC design experience
• Experience with performance characteristics of analog data converters, ADCs/DACs.
• Familiarity with JESD204B
• Active TS/SCI level clearance