The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a Sr Data Scientist to support the recently awarded DCSB contract. This position provides technical expertise to C5ISR Center Defensive Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC) as a Senior Data Scientist.
Location: Work will be performed at the Adelphi, MD location and may allow for some remote support from a local home office.
Clearance: You must hold a minimum DOD Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI. Those with active TS/SCI will be given first consideration.
- Support the DCSB DCO Senior Data Scientist.
- Mine and analyze data from various sources to drive decision support and improvement of organization strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources/attributes and data collection techniques.
- Work with structured and unstructured data to prepare in-depth analysis, including the normalization and canonicalization of data to ensure consistent inputs.
- Introduce validation and reporting techniques to ensure the veracity of data.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and extract additional insights.
- Provide expertise in exploratory data analysis, pattern discovery and advanced analytical techniques.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of prior IT experience, or Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience. Additional certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start, and CSSP certification within 90 days
- Must have an active Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.