Responsible for multiple project tasks, demonstrating effective time management and problem resolution. Organizes, directs, staff performing challenging logistical activities. Coordinates the flow of products and services between the point of origin through customer placement with ability to respond rapidly ensuring customer requirements and deliverables are timely, complete, and accurate. Leads and manages small projects, which have significant impact on Program scheduling and costs.
Candidate will be responsible for the execution and improvement of standard warehouse and logistic processes. working closely with Program Management. Candidate will analyze and document workflow and warehouse processes. At times, the candidate may be asked to step in as the Program’s POC in the PM’s absence.
Candidate will work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and project deliverables. The candidate will develop solutions that are highly innovative and achieved through an extensive knowledge of the Program and research of best practices. The candidate will be expected to draw on past education and experience to present solutions.
Work schedule will fluctuate to accommodate the needs of the customer. The candidate will be working in a dynamic environment analyzing new requirements and developing solutions for small, short-term projects.
The candidate may be asked to serve as a technical resource on a task: conduct site surveys, make recommendations for equipment usage, capture notes from Client meetings, and formulate deployment plans for client deliverables.
Candidate can expect to be scheduled for weekends and holidays and may be required to backfill shiftwork during evening hours and/or to travel up to 10% of the time performing the responsibility of Team Lead on temporary deployments (2-3 day CONUS efforts). This responsibility includes working independently performing collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations.
Because of the possibility of onsite work and travel, the following requirements must be met:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and nighttime hours.
- Must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without layover.
- Must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in small, enclosed spaces as well as outdoor rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes.
- Ability to ascend/descend fixed ladders up to 24’ in height potentially requiring equipment to be carried up ladders.
- Ability to ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes potentially requiring equipment to be carried up stairwells.
- Ability to work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up to 30 minutes.
- Ability to walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
- Ability to work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes.
- Ability to bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time with minimum recovery time.
- Ability to lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high) and in warehousing environment with mechanical lift.
Candidate should demonstrate an understanding of supply chain management and have strong interpersonal skills with a focus on quality. Candidate must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently. Candidate will be working in an agile environment and must be able to respond rapidly to direction from Program Management and Client and communicate effectively throughout the operation of the team.
Candidate will be in charge of overseeing and maintaining warehousing operations, to including:
- Inventory management and accountability of equipment,
- Inspections and evaluations of GFE for serviceability and reliability; report on life cycle usage and management,
- Conduct equipment inspection to evaluate requests for repair or maintenance of GFE,
- Document and maintain maintenance/repair logs and manuals,
- Research and identify equipment upgrades,
- Supply forecasting and budgeting recommendations,
- Establish SOPs,
The Candidate will also perform the following activities:
- Preparing and transport of Program products, meeting time sensitive deadlines using various methods and carriers
- Identify required repair work; perform equipment maintenance/repair ensuring that records are complete and up to date.
- Financial supply chain support and tracking of order placement through receipt of equipment/supplies
- Author reports and maintain accurate records of program documents. These include but not limited to the following: Equipment Inventory Log, Maintenance and Equipment repair Logs, After Action and Lessons-Learned Reports, Status Reports, Operating Procedures, Sample Collection Logs.
- Identify, track and report to Program Management risks based on an intimate knowledge of Program pre and post mission requirements
- B.S. degree in a business, scientific, or discipline plus 4 years’ experience in related field
- Experience serving as a Project Lead in warehouse and/or field operations
- Experience working in agile environment
- Final SECRET Clearance
- Certified Professional Logistician (CPL)
- Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- HAZMAT Certification
- Experience in environmental sampling or WMD detection.
- Knowledge of environmental sampling equipment/methods and quality assurance procedures.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.