The Leidos Corporation is seeking someone to provide technical editing/writing support for United States Antarctic Program (USAP) and Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) operations & maintenance manuals, policies, procedures, statements of work, requests for proposals, contract deliverables, and other program publications.
The editor/writer will be expected to work in the Centennial office a few days a week. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
The technical editor/writer’s primary responsibilities include:
- organizing, editing, and maintaining technical records and files;
- acquiring subject knowledge by interviewing operations staff;
- observing operational methods;
- referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals; conducting quality review of materials
- Prepare contract-deliverable documentation for submittal to the client.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with four years of professional experience as a technical writer/editor.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others is essential.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to efficiently plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work with multiple subject-matter experts/writers on shared documents and provide necessary facilitation to meet project deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of word-processing, desktop publishing, and document-control software and techniques required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, including the use, creation, and modification of built-in or user-created styles, is required.
- Adobe InDesign and/or Structured Framemaker, Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent), and Microsoft Visio experience highly desired.
- Experience working with network and systems administrators, information security personnel, and software developers preferred.
- Experience using and adhering to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition is also desired but not required.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately six to eight weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00