We are seeking an industry recognized expert and Chief Integration Engineer to provide vision and oversight for the integration of government systems including disparate systems to provide an improved functionality and seamless operations. The selected candidate will work with the program and customer leadership and other Master Technology Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to provide full oversight and direction to transform and modernize the Government’s existing infrastructure and cyber capabilities. This role, in concert with the other Master SMEs, will be responsible for all technical leadership and chartered with the transformation and optimization of existing government capabilities. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities and agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness and application of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and IT delivery services.
- Apply technical expertise and oversight of current and evolving industry best practices, standards, and recommendations in cybersecurity as well as the broader IT industry in support of complex and disparate IT systems
- Design and develop cybersecurity programs and/or scripts, ensuring that design and development activities are properly documented and updated as necessary
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification, validation, cost and risk, as well as supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, test, deployment, operation and maintenance
- Provide feedback and recommendations based in industry standards and best practices for all levels of total system ownership such that changes can be made to support ever evolving technological landscapes
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters
- Drive discovery and qualification of cybersecurity services, products, and tools available via market vendors to inform capability development pilot planning, vendor assessment, and to-be product parameters (i.e., vision, features, technical requirements, end user outcomes, acceptance criteria)
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to elicit mission needs, proactively identify technology investment opportunities, frame capability development pilots, monitor post-implementation impacts, and inform improvements for continuous anticipation of stakeholder needs
- Leverage knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, best practices, and industry standards to brainstorm and develop perspective for new services and tools that creatively address the needs of mission partners
- Brainstorm with technology SMEs across different cybersecurity domains and topic areas (i.e., network defense, network monitoring and detection, vulnerability management, threat hunting, cloud security, virtualization, ICS, IoT security, Security Operation Center as a Service) to identify gaps in existing service and design concepts for services or tools that address these gaps and deliver new value to the partner networks
- Contribute technical subject matter expertise to briefings, whitepapers, strategies, capability pilot plans, and other deliverables for technical and non-technical audiences to explain cybersecurity technologies, existing capability gaps, and proposed recommendations for capability maturation.
- Support contributions provided in the event suggested technological changes are not accepted and be prepared to incorporate feedback into augmented contributions for the support of eventual deployment
- Recommend and implement technical visions and develop metrics to measure levels of success
- Align, support, and provide subject matter expertise oversight into roles and responsibilities for complex, highly integrated work streams across multiple teams
- Identify process dependencies, address bottlenecks, and recommend new approaches to deliver services that align with industry standards and security best practices
- Analyze hardware and software delivery processes to determine gaps and identify solutions to close them to yield consistent, high-quality results
- Creatively develop new ideas, concepts, and solutions to improve the delivery of systems and platform integration services to Federal Government customers
- Communicate and engage across multiple constituencies in a way that influences service outcomes and steers toward change objectives
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing security engineering teams
- Master degree in technical fields with 15+ years of prior relevant experience. Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Lead Solutions Architect working with leading edge technology supporting both implementation and sustainment
- Experienced with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS), Security Operations as a Service (SOCaaS)
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- An active Top Secret security clearance TS/SCI
- Knowledgeable on emerging technologies and state-of-the-art Cyber tools/applications
- Experienced with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks
- Experienced with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Must have experience with the Cloud / Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure
- Current SCI Clearance
- Experienced in complex, multi-segmented system development, integration, and test of projects including specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of systems integration, system development and verification, hardware and software development.
- Experience with an extensive variety of security products, tools and vendors
- Experience with research from new, established and or emerging technological advancements in both known and less-known technological service providers
- Experienced with preparation and maintenance of project documentation, cost and master schedules
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.