The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager. The NOC Manager will serve as the Leidos primary representative responsible for all NOC Operations services and collaboration with other service providers in the developing, operating, and maintaining critical Network monitoring for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This role in concert with the SOC Manager will be responsible for all technical leadership and support for existing infrastructure. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities and agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and IT delivery services.
- Manage and operate a 24/7/365 NOC for enterprise network monitoring; incident escalation and response; and maintenance and upgrade activities
- Manage and direct Tier I and II network operations teams in maintaining continuous network monitoring and connectivity and all specified service levels for all data, voice, video, and wireless services delivered
- Manage network monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures for multiple classification networks
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure timely troubleshooting and resolution of incidents and outages
- Plan and oversee network installation and maintenance activities; maintain approved network configurations; enforce change control procedures, and support root cause analysis
- Coordinate with the network engineering team on network upgrades/ enhancements and escalated incidents
- Monitor and collect network load and performance statistics ensuring total visibility and network health
- Lead assigned disaster recovery/COOP planning and testing activities
- Manage distribution and installation of firmware and software patches and ensure that updates to all network devices and software are performed to comply with service levels
- Support procurement of network equipment and software, including specification, receipt, tracking, storing, staging and final equipment disposition
- Ensure that network hardware and software inventories are current and accurate
- Track/maintain/renew all licenses and maintenance contracts
- Plan and implement network security measures and tools, including boundary protection; enforce policies for network and device access, manage access rights and permissions
- Manage/ integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
- 8+ years of leadership experience managing NOC teams
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Bachelor degree in technical fields with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree in technical field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Must possess at least one of the following Cybersecurity Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
- Knowledgeable on emerging technologies and state-of-the-art Cyber tools/applications