The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager. The NOC Manager will serve as the Leidos primary representative responsible for all NOC Operations services and collaboration with other service providers in the developing, operating, and maintaining critical Network monitoring for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This role in concert with the SOC Manager will be responsible for all technical leadership and support for existing infrastructure. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities and agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and IT delivery services.
- Manage and operate a 24/7/365 NOC for enterprise network monitoring; incident escalation and response; and maintenance and upgrade activities
- Manage and direct Tier I and II network operations teams in maintaining continuous network monitoring and connectivity and all specified service levels for all data, voice, video, and wireless services delivered
- Manage network monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures for multiple classification networks
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure timely troubleshooting and resolution of incidents and outages
- Plan and oversee network installation and maintenance activities; maintain approved network configurations; enforce change control procedures, and support root cause analysis
- Coordinate with the network engineering team on network upgrades/ enhancements and escalated incidents
- Monitor and collect network load and performance statistics ensuring total visibility and network health
- Lead assigned disaster recovery/COOP planning and testing activities
- Manage distribution and installation of firmware and software patches and ensure that updates to all network devices and software are performed to comply with service levels
- Support procurement of network equipment and software, including specification, receipt, tracking, storing, staging and final equipment disposition
- Ensure that network hardware and software inventories are current and accurate
- Track/maintain/renew all licenses and maintenance contracts
- Plan and implement network security measures and tools, including boundary protection; enforce policies for network and device access, manage access rights and permissions
- Manage/ integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
- 8+ years of leadership experience managing NOC teams
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Bachelor degree in technical fields with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree in technical field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Must possess at least one of the following Cybersecurity Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
- Knowledgeable on emerging technologies and state-of-the-art Cyber tools/applications
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.