Cybersecurity Engineer duties may include a combination of supporting activities in coordination with Government to include continuous security monitoring, vulnerability assessment support, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) support. Other expected duties include Certification/Accreditation support for the on-going assessment, planning, integration, and recommending enhancement of systems. In addition, duties may include supporting the design, integration, and operation of Cybersecurity systems for the protection of networks, systems, and infrastructure. Other areas of responsibility may include operate, monitor, maintain, and optimize existing monitoring, intrusion detection, and vulnerability detection/remediation systems. Support the program and provide continuous monitoring of systems. Support technical and forensic investigations that provide support to the incident response process. Prepare architectural diagrams, technical reports, and/or whitepapers in support of evolving architecture requirements. Appropriate industry IT security certifications are required. This position may serve as the manager or technical lead for other team members to include network, cyber, or IT security engineers.
- Provide visionary leadership to identify grand ideas that are achievable and practical supporting the government’s need to become more efficient by reducing redundancy and reducing manual processes
- Ability to value stream map capabilities of existing and future technologies with direct mission need and against evolving roadmaps
- Evaluate, categorize, and prioritize modernization initiatives
- Evaluate existing portfolios and establish roadmaps initiatives
- Provide expertise to ensure innovative ideas and emerging technologies are aligned with customer needs
- Perform technology liaison leadership to facilitate, collaborate, and integrate impactful and advanced technical solutions
- Collaborate with end-user-facing teams to define technology migration strategies and approaches
- Performs architecture reviews as required, ensuring initiatives are aligned with future state initiatives
- Proficiency in strategic planning, enterprise architecture and emerging technologies
- Create whitepapers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating technical thought leadership in response to customer needs
- Oversee the development and integration across multiple workstreams from initial research to requirements, implementation, and sustainment
- Bachelor degree in technical fields with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree in technical field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Lead Solutions Architect working with leading edge cyber and digital modernization technology supporting both implementation and sustainment.
- Must be proficient in cloud, premise, WAN technologies supporting multi-cloud infrastructure and hybrid environments across multiple data centers.
- Software development experience with specific experience in integrating large disparate standalone and enterprise systems
- Must have a strong understanding of CI/CD pipeline with a working knowledge of coordinating and executing changes at scale to address version control, code reuse, architecture code deployments, and ways of increasing compliance efficiency.
- Must have experience with Automation and integration tools to include API use management and key management, SOAR, RPA, etc
- Must have experience with IaC techniques and methods
- Experience and/or expertise in Software or Application Development, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture,
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- An active TS/SCI
- CISSP, SAFe Agilist, and ITIL 4 Certification is strongly desired
- AWS, Azure, ServiceNow Certifications and experience is strongly desired
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Team leadership experience supporting teams across various geographical locations, remote work and on site with 24x7x365 teams.
- Publications, Presentations, and Speaking engagements on the topics of Cybersecurity
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as team collaboration tools like Confluence or Mattermost, issue tracking software like Jira, source code management such as bitbucket, and other various automated deployment orchestration tools such as Jenkins and/or bamboo.
- Experience working with senior government leaders
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.