The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Geospatial Data Scientist to support our customer in Springfield, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in GIS, scripting, and data science to support a national security customer. As Geospatial Data Scientist you will develop and apply methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products, processes, and systems. You will conduct data mining and retrieval, and apply statistical and mathematical analyses to identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence. You will also visualize information using a range of tools (e.g., GIS, R), develop scripts and algorithms, create explanatory and predictive models, and conduct comparative analyses to address complex GEOINT problems. The candidate should have a geospatial background and a strong ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects in support of customer objectives.
The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence products. The candidate will participate in efforts to develop and apply methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products, processes, and systems. They will apply the application of programming, statistics and visualization to glean insights from large and disparate data sources. Data Scientists understand and utilize aspects of machine learning to solve and automate classification, regression, cluster analysis, anomaly detection, association discovery, and topic modeling tasks. These scientists understand and utilize solutions with predictive patterns from data into practical, intelligent applications that anyone can use. They visualize information using a range of tools, develop scripts and algorithms, create explanatory and predictive models and conduct comparative analyses to address complex problems. The candidate should have experience in creating and maintaining geodatabases and integrating and managing foundation, intelligence, and multi-INT data into structured geodatabases. The candidate will also create and develop complex scripts and algorithms (e.g. Python), create explanatory and predictive models and conduct comparative analyses to address complex military and intelligence problems. Duties may also include the visualization of information using a range of tools (e.g. Tableau, R, and ESRI Arc-GIS 10.4 suite, including model builder). Candidate will be expected to provide excellent customer support and consultation, interacting with analytic units in a professional manner to understand their challenges, incorporate their feedback, and provide quality solutions.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor of Science in a quantitative discipline such as data science, mathematics, statistics, earth science, quantitative social sciences, geographic information science, computer science, physics, or a related field. In conjunction with proficiency and at least three years’ experience with applied data processing and scientific analysis of large datasets and machine learning
- Provide database management using programming languages
- Demonstrated experience with Intelligence Community technology environments, classified and unclassified
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS and/or Amazon C2S
- Demonstrated experience working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other Platform-as-a-Service solutions
- Demonstrated experience standing up cloud environments for software usage, data storage, and web development
- Demonstrated ability to perform system optimization or trend analysis on an operational system, preferably in the intelligence field.
- Ability to apply knowledge of DOD and Intelligence Community missions to guide the search, discovery, research, extraction, and manipulation of large volumes of data from multiple intelligence disciplines.
- Apply change management practices in support of customers, mission partners, and authorities to introduce, develop, and implement comprehensive methodologies that support repeatable and scalable Cross-INT/Cross-Domain data acquisition and assimilation operations.
- Ability to pull, compare, contrast, merge, extract, research, de-conflict, extrapolate, and portray data geospatially from multiple NGA and IC databases to manage automated workflows for rapid data acquisition and assimilation.
- Ability to use analytic tools and techniques such as R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, and other open source and commercial spatial, statistical, and machine learning tools for data visualization, modeling, systems analysis, and comparative analysis to create structured data environments to address complex military and intelligence problems.
- Define, execute, and lead complex or technical studies.
- Develop and sustain inter-organizational mission partnerships or relationships across NGA, the Intelligence Community, and/or DOD.
- Perform advanced quantitative or statistical analysis, or data/knowledge mining.
- Apply knowledge of GEOINT, OSINT, SIGINT, and Foreign Government intelligence collection platforms, capabilities, and TCPED in studies or analysis.
- Ability to build functional components that will enable the reconditioning of structured and unstructured data and continuous data streams into data analytics frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud services (C2S/AWS, GEOSERVER, GOV cloud) to assist in moving and maintaining critical 24X7 operational mission capability in the cloud environment. Leverage knowledge of service enabled capabilities (REST Services, Globe).
- Ability to perform Cross-Domain data analytics in support of automated and semi-automated targeting by classified and unclassified GEOINT, HUMINT, OSINT, and SIGINT collectors.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.