The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Technical Trainer and/or Technical Modernization Representative with extensive knowledge and experience to design, deliver and administer a Cisco centric network providing virtualized services to Government organizations for the Enroute Mission Command Capability (EMC) in support of PM WIN-T Inc. 1. EMC is roll-on/roll-off package onboard U.S. Airforce C-17’s to provide En-route Communications for the Global Response Force (GRF) for increased Situational Awareness.
Position Specific Information: The position will require training development and technical support for the Enroute Mission Command Capability (EMC) systems in support of PM Tactical Network.
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems
- Monitor and analyze statistical and test data to improve system performance
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF Engineering tools and antenna theory to choose access point placement
- Conduct project work in a safe and professional manner
- Instruct classes (Internal to NetMod Team)
- Assist in development of Technical Manuals and Training Package for all NetMod products
- ValEx of EMC products
- Position will require travel up to 30% CONUS and OCONUS.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of related experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have JNN/STT/CPN knowledge
- Must have background and experience with basic and advanced Networking skills, IP Routing, Switching, Multi-casting, Cisco Technology and REDCOM Technology. Familiar with WAVE Server operation (Voice Bridging and Voice Cross-Banding), Wi-Fi, Inline Network Encryption Devices (KG-250X), VM Ware, REDCOM Sigma Core and REDCOM Secure Client for VoSIP services, Palo Alto Firewall and SATCOM theory.
- Experience with tactical radio sets is preferred i.e. (AN/PRC-117G and various waveforms (SC TACSAT, LOS, ANW2, IW, and DAMA).
- Must be able to lift and carry 75lbs.
- Knowledge of PM Tactical Network topology (RHN, GAIT, DISA) and prior JNN/CPN/STT experience is preferred, but not required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.