We are seeking multiple Professional Land Surveyors to work in our Atlanta, GA office.
In this role you will contribute to the team-based culture of the organization through communication to the team, building relationships with clients and contractors. The Professional Land Surveyor will successfully contribute to the management of the surveying department, supporting the engineering department and developing the team members. He/she will direct the survey team in the completion of requested surveys, scheduling survey crews, hiring, coaching and developing team members.
Professional Land Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites for preparation of easements.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all date, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys.
- Travel will be required.
- Providing project quotes, drafting proposals, scheduling survey crews.
- Coaching and developing survey crew members.
Professional Land Surveyor Skills and Requirements:
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- For Level 4: High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of three (3) years of prior relevant experience in the Surveying field.
- For Level 5: High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of five (5) years of prior relevant experience in the Surveying field.
All PLS levels require:
- GA registered Professional Land Surveyor.
- 2 or more years of experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to work within budget and schedule constraints on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and schedule all surveying related work tasks.
- Proficient written & oral communication skills; ability to comfortably interact with peers, staff members, clients, and the general public.
- Computer knowledge with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills to include self-management and impeccable tracking of all initiatives and efforts.
- Resourceful and highly dependable with efficient approach and attention to detail with the ability to maintain accuracy.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Be able to work independently; self-motivated.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Ability to problem-solve and decision make.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Surveyor License (Required)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.