The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Property Controller to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Schriever SFB, CO. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Property Controller will be responsible to track and maintain all data relevant to government-furnished property (GFE), including (but not limited to) location tracking, maintenance data, warranty data and current software load if applicable. The Property Controller will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
- Manage property control activities in support of launch communications systems for a primary location and associated tail sites.
- Ensure continuous accountability of government and company property in accordance with governing regulations and policies
- Assist the logistics team in resolving equipment configuration questions and ensuring parent/child relationships are accurately reflected on the property record
- Maintain 100% accountability over inventories of all program assets.
- Manage government property control and ensure consumable supplies are maintained to provide constant support to the program.
- Maintain control of government property records and constantly monitor consumable supply usage rates and reorder trigger points.
- Update government hand-receipts with asset location changes immediately.
- Monitor purchasing, inventory control system and property records to ensure they accurately reflect inventory transactions, movement and relief of stewardship.
- Perform quality control checks of purchasing and property records to ensure required data fields are accurate and complete.
- Plan and conduct internal audits and supporting Government property audits.
- Participate in risks assessments and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Prepare reports for Government customers.
- Prepare all requests, equipment disposition turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with governing regulations.
- Use varied approaches to resolve or collaborate on project or program issues.
- Receive, catalogue and inventory items from vendors, customers, additional contractors, etc.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience managing government property using a compliant inventory system (SAP)
- Experience in interpreting and complying with FAR Part 45 and 52.245-1 requirements
- Experience in the ten life cycle property management outcomes: acquisition, receipt, records, physical inventory, subcontractor control, reports, relief of stewardship, utilization, maintenance and property closeout.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) audits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to integrate separate functions into planning or implementing a property management program.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Office, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc.), both written and oral.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- SAP, SharePoint, NETS, ServiceNow
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Specialized certificate in US Government property management, logistics, and HAZMAT certification preferred.
- Prior property control experience in support of the U.S. military or DoD contractor is a plus.
- Previous experience with local mission domains and customer base is highly desired.
- Familiarity with national systems missions and concepts.
- Continuous service improvement or process improvement experience.