Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for a number of US federal and international agencies, including the UK’s Home Office Biometrics program. The HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability. In support of this, the IDENT1 Teat Lead will provide day to day leadership of the IDENT1 Test team personnel in the UK and US supporting projects and maintenance releases for the IDENT1 environment. The selected individual will support planning with Project Managers and senior leadership in the UK and US; implement and revise processes; coordinate test events; provides inputs to and report status on project schedules; and interact with the UK customer, as required.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Provide day to day leadership of the IDENT1 Test team personnel in the UK and US supporting projects and maintenance releases for the IDENT1 environment
- Produce detailed estimates of work and support planning discussions for On Contract Growth
- Provide expert opinion and provide expertise of the technical knowledge of the UK HOBS IDENT1 Test and Development (TAD) environments
- Provide inputs to Project Managers and senior leaders for the development of accurate estimates for project planning
- Closely coordinate with Project Managers for day-to-day assignments and the Engineering group on the technology roadmap for the testing group
- Produce and maintain detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria, and produce/contribute to production of Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Provide guidance during test execution, maintain and track the test schedule, attend Defect Reviews, and create Daily Reports
- Coordinate acceptance testing with the customer, program leadership, and other engineering team members, as required
- Manage the production of test design, implementation, and verification evidence in accordance with company engineering policies and standards as guided by the Test Manager and within project scheduling constraints
- Coordinate the Test team in activities allocated by the Project Engineering Manager
- Monitor and report progress of the team against agreed estimates and escalate deviations from the project schedule in a timely fashion
- Provide regular and frequent communication to the UK HOBS Test Manager to ensure test activities are executed in accordance with the Test Strategy
- Provide regular and frequent communications to the UK HOBS Chief Engineer to ensure that engineering activities are executed in an efficient and compliant manner
- Guide and enable Test personnel in the US and UK in the development and execution of testing processes, and implement improvements to the testing phase for projects and releases
- Review recommendations on performing regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer
- Produce test reports summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes
- Contribute and advocate the evolution of current IDENT1 Test Processes, Tools and Assets to support the to-be Cloud Transformed Architecture
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of testing scripts and procedures
- Support analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepare recommendations
- Interact with UK customer, to include attending weekly HO IDENT1 test status meeting, Test checkpoint (QAT) meeting, and others as required
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Experienced team leader
- Collaborator, self-starter, with experience providing input to technical designs to meet project objectives
- Experience producing test plans, test reports, and Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results against key milestone targets
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes through an agile development lifecycle. Strong analytical skills and experience with development environments, and test execution.
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience; experience may be substituted for degree
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Current UK clearance
- Experience with UK HOB IDENT1
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.