Leidos has a current open opportunity for an Engineer Intern to work in our Oak Ridge TN office. Leidos Internship Program is an 8-12 week program for college students (working towards a degree in Environmental, Chemical, Civil Engineering) to learn and gain professional work experience. The intern program is designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related tasks relevant to their field of study. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives
- Learning what constitutes best management practices and applying it to his/her work.
- Using computers, handbooks, drawing instruments, etc.
- Performing basic design calculations within his/her discipline.
- Performing neat, accurate, and productive work.
- Assisting in preliminary design studies, project planning, and related activities that lead to the design of a project.
- Assisting in the preparation of specifications, cost and material estimates, reports, and studies.
- Preparing design, detail, and layout drawings and design sketches.
- Checking designs prepared by others.
- Utilizing computers and CAD in the design effort.
- Recognizing his/her limitations and asking for help when needed.
- Following company policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have completed sophomore year working towards a degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering.
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally, graphically and in writing. Physical Requirements
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules and overtime if required.
- Ability to work in the field or outside, able to bend, stoop, climb and walk on uneven terrain and pavements, concrete, grass, dirt and gravel .
Pay Range:Pay Range $30,100.00 - $41,000.00 - $51,900.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.