No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as leaders who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- Strategic Development
- Expanding Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
We are seeking a Section Manager for the Transmission Engineering Section of Power Delivery Services. In this role you will lead a dynamic team of engineering consultants that execute Transmission-Line and Substation Civil/structural engineering projects.
Provide leadership to the section which is comprised of 70+ FTE’s.
Oversee the project teams to execute design projects for Medium, High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines and substation site civil, foundation and structural projects.
- Oversee proposal efforts, review, and provide proposal approval within authorization limits.
- Partner directly with a variety of utility clients nationwide to gain an understanding of both the scale/scope of project: from engineering design through construction support.
- Maintain and manage client relationships
- Partner with the business development teams and account managers to support sales and new business activities.
- Lead and champion training activities to ensure the staff in the section have the technical knowledge to execute projects with high quality.
- Partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) and finance team to ensure projects are being executed with high quality and meet the financial obligations of Leidos and its customers.
- Lead the team to achieve the annual operating plan metrics and ensure the team is positioned for growth in the industry
- Focus on employee initiatives that drive retention.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Civil or Electrical Engineering and fifteen (15) + years of prior relevant experience
- Ten (10) + years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have an understanding of Transmission Lines design. Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred).
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Capability to lead all aspects of a large engineering team.
- Sales pipeline creation.
- Work effectively in team environment with the ability work also independently.
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations, models and designs for Transmission Lines
- Knowledge of engineering estimates, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
- Ability to travel periodically to visit with clients and to visit Leidos offices
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions, and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.