No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as leaders who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- Strategic Development
- Expanding Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
We are seeking a Section Manager for the Transmission Engineering Section of Power Delivery Services. In this role you will lead a dynamic team of engineering consultants that execute Transmission-Line and Substation Civil/structural engineering projects.
Provide leadership to the section which is comprised of 70+ FTE’s.
Oversee the project teams to execute design projects for Medium, High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines and substation site civil, foundation and structural projects.
- Oversee proposal efforts, review, and provide proposal approval within authorization limits.
- Partner directly with a variety of utility clients nationwide to gain an understanding of both the scale/scope of project: from engineering design through construction support.
- Maintain and manage client relationships
- Partner with the business development teams and account managers to support sales and new business activities.
- Lead and champion training activities to ensure the staff in the section have the technical knowledge to execute projects with high quality.
- Partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) and finance team to ensure projects are being executed with high quality and meet the financial obligations of Leidos and its customers.
- Lead the team to achieve the annual operating plan metrics and ensure the team is positioned for growth in the industry
- Focus on employee initiatives that drive retention.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Civil or Electrical Engineering and fifteen (15) + years of prior relevant experience
- Ten (10) + years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have an understanding of Transmission Lines design. Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred).
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Capability to lead all aspects of a large engineering team.
- Sales pipeline creation.
- Work effectively in team environment with the ability work also independently.
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations, models and designs for Transmission Lines
- Knowledge of engineering estimates, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
- Ability to travel periodically to visit with clients and to visit Leidos offices
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions, and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00