Leidos is seeking to onboard and develop a trusted Project Accounting Supervisor. The selected candidate will support the compliant set up of projects in the Leidos business suite and coordinate with program teams (Program Management, Program Finance, Contracts, Procurement etc.) to resolve issues and generate cash. The candidate will provide mentoring, training, and supervisory activities for the Project Accounting team. The selected candidate will report to the Project Accounting Manager and have a direct mentorship with the Accounts Receivable Assistant Director. The ideal candidate will have a track record of developing talent and a team first mentality.
Ideal pay for this role is $67,000, based on experience.
This position offers remote flexibility.
- Understand financial policies, contract types, billing terms and conditions, job cost flow, indirect rate application and how they are impacted by the set up
- Develop the team by providing guidance, training and room to grow
- Make decisions regarding work prioritization and staffing assignments while considering for the resulting financial impact
- Interface with Customers, Project Managers, Contracts Personnel, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other functional or support organizations regarding complex projects or business integrations
- Support project set up meetings and special taskings
- Establish new processes and procedures to enhance the workflow of the organization
- Escalate problems throughout the organization effectively
- Follow established methods and desktop procedures for Project Set up and hold subordinates accountable for the same
- Review the exception reports daily and follow up with individuals as needed
- Ensure common SLAs are met by holding Project Accountants accountable for their tasks and aiding in the coordination between teams
- Establish and maintain a healthy team morale while ensuring company goals are met
- Hold structured monthly one on one meetings with subordinates to discuss performance and growth-related topics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven customer service abilities
- Team first mentality
- 5-7 Years of Project Set up experience in Costpoint
- Basic understanding of the Leidos business framework
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Associates with 6-8 years of prior relevant experience
- Costpoint experience is preferred
- Advanced Project Set up experience (IWO, Burden Cost Ceilings, Large Care and Feed programs)
- Prior leadership experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.