The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Performs all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution.
Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Team Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position.
Must have a current Secret security clearance.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- 8+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator – Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7.
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Documenting system processes for Unix environments
- Must have Active Secret security clearance
- HW experience: Knowledge of VMWare and Azure
- SW experience: Operating Systems: RHEL6 and RHEL 7
- Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- VMWare Aware
- Azure Aware
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Linux Centos experience
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Program Specific Salary Range: $115K to $140K
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.