The Leidos Intelligence Group has an opening for an Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural) in Reston, Virginia. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor team developing assessments and models derived through reverse engineering of above ground and underground structures with an emphasis on urban scene building. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
- Analyze multi-source intelligence reporting, Finished Intelligence Products, Imagery, and open-source information and use engineering expertise and best practices to provide assessments characterizing key attributes of selected facilities.
- Collaborate within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, other engineers and Subject Matter Experts(SME) to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models and reports for use throughout the Department of Defense.
- Provide SME to evaluate intelligence reports and sources as well as support development of collection plans.
- Provide briefings and lead discussions for audiences at multiple levels on facility and topic specific analysis and assessments.
- Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process adhering to engineering and intelligence tradecraft principals.
- Ability to critically evaluate source information, comparing against industry standards, physical feasibility, and intelligence probability, as well as previous trend information and analytical lines in order to determine reasonable outcomes with accompanying quantified uncertainties.
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete or contradictory information and provide clear and concise explanation of factors contributing to the decision as well identifying information gaps of consequence.
- Ability to identify critical nodes and vulnerabilities within a facility’s power, HVAC, comms, life support and security infrastructure.
- Background in one or more of the following: HVAC, power, electrical or communications engineering, SCADA, mining, structural engineering, protective engineering.
- Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit MEP or SketchUp).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with personnel at all levels of experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline with 5-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree in any Engineering discipline with 3-6 years of prior relevant experience. Greater than 8 years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI-polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
Preferred Qualifications: (any of the following)
- Construction or Facility Management, hard target construction/facility support.
- Tunnel construction or mining (includes HVAC and power support)
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning. Knowledge of the Joint Targeting Cycle, Facility Target Development, Facility Vulnerability Analysis, weapons effects, Military Operational Planning or defense industry production process is a strong plus.
- Modeling and Simulation support. Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality experience creation a strong plus.
- Statistical Analysis/Data Science experience.
- Production (Manufacturing, Fabrication or Assembly) or warehouse design, workflow development or management.
- Sensitive material storage or safeguarding expertise.
- Software development skills preferred – python, java, etc.