Leidos is looking for a Control Account Manager to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. This new 5-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Control Account Manager’s responsibilities include schedule planning and status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion as they relate to Earned Value Management. The CAM assures technical scope, schedule, and budget are integrated. The CAM is accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Report to the PM/DPM
- Control the financial management of a Control Account (CA) or Technical Task Order (TTO)
- Participate as an Agile Team Member for the PMO Scrum team
- Collaborate with the Agile organization charged with delivering the work within the assigned CA or TTO
- Ensure that Agile and EV principles are maintained within work teams
- Maintain a current Estimate to Complete for all work within the CA/TTO
- Author a Monthly Status Report (MSR) or Variance Report (VR) for each TTO or CA each accounting period
- Participate in the monthly business rhythm of the program with the Business Team Lead
- Request authorization from the customer for activities within the CA or TTO that are within scope but not authorized
- Respond to requests from the customer for each CA or TTO
- Serve as the primary non-technical POC for the customer for activities within the CA or TTO
- Designate the primary technical POC to the customer and to any other stakeholders
- Participate in any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness within the CA or TTO
- Assures the work within the CA or TTO is adequately staffed and participates in the staffing process
- Handle procurement requests within the CA or TTO to buy equipment
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) within the CA or TTO are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- May request information from the Business Team as needed to answer business questions from the PM or customer
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA or TTO requirements
- Approve timecards for subcontractors
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, or Requests for a ROM
- BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Five (5) years’ experience in large scale software development and hardware integration programs
- Five (5) years’ experience in technical project or program management
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two (2) years’ experience working within an Agile environment or program
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework agile methodology
- Experience with control account management (CAM), cost accounting, earned value management (EVMS)