Leidos is seeking a Proposal Coordinator Intern with a passion for organization, streamlining processes, and identifying efficiencies to join Leidos’ Surface Transportation Solutions Portfolio that supports the USDOT and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and many State DOTs with a range of transportation programs. This position will assume a dual role, 1) heavily supporting 5 to 15 proposals during the peak proposal season over spring/summer and 2) supporting marketing and communication tasks when there are fewer active proposals.
The Proposal Coordinator Intern will collaborate on all aspects of proposal planning, logistics, and delivery across several internal customers and stakeholders; coordinate and support compliance, cost and labor estimations, and document production; and lead review cycles. While supporting multiple proposals, the Proposal Coordinator Intern will be responsible for recognizing the overlaps and commonalities between them, derive and document dependencies between their requirements and deliverables, and identify synergies and opportunities for streamlining the team’s proposal development process. When there are fewer active proposals, the proposal coordinator intern will support execution of projects, including activities such as report and presentation development, writing and editing, outreach and marketing efforts, supporting or leading meetings and communications, deliverable tracking, and status reporting. This internship has the potential to turn into a full-time position if the candidate is successful.
- Leading the coordination for all aspects of proposals, including budget estimation, schedules, and work breakdown structures
- Tracking, coordinating, and managing multiple proposals simultaneously
- Liaising with proposal stakeholders concerning proposal details and documents
- Developing statements of work and pricing templates for subcontractors
- Developing documentation including reports, slide decks, and letters supporting the proposal process
- Support proposal writing
- Suggest and develop proposal development and project management improvements for more efficient processes across the board.
Marketing & Communications Support:
- Work with management on creating and implementing new tools to improve operations and communications
- Meeting preparation, attendance, and documentation.
- Support development of reports, presentations, documentation, and outreach and marketing materials
- Develop and integrate project management tools or tool usage to assist team members in data input and cross-project analysis.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or preferably Graduate Degree in relevant fields such as project management, business administration, communications, or engineering. Early career professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher are also encouraged to apply. (Salary will be adjusted based on experience level. This internship has the potential to turn into a full-time position if the candidate is successful.)
- Proficiency in using MS Office 365, including Excel, Word, Project, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Identify and implement creative solutions and improved processes and efficiencies
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive, self-motivated, with strong ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Flourish within a dynamic, fun team environment as well as work independently
- Knowledge of shared mobility related to transportation operations and safety
- Knowledge of the industry and existing related research.
- Experience developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs), and Bill of Materials (BOM).
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,400.00 - $52,000.00 - $65,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.