Test Engineer (Architect)
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own. United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Due to a recent business win, we have a requirement for a Test Engineer (Architect) based in the UK working remotely and at a customer site.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a result of some exciting programme wins, we currently have a permanent vacancy for an Infrastructure Architect to support the transition & in-service running (inc capability upgrades) of an IT application and infrastructure solution providing support to a critical operational end user.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies and Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from a Cloud background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s.
You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Provide data architecture skills and produce solution designs as part of the bid process
- Work with delivery teams to design and implement modern, scalable data products using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Lead on all infrastructure solution aspects including setting data standards and providing your deep technical expertise to Leidos programme teams
- Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with customers on all aspects of data management including the assurance and integration of infrastructure services to meet the needs of multiple lines of business
- Recognise and exploit business opportunity by leveraging infrastructure architecture and design best practice
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and leadership skills who has:
- Have knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure;
- Have an understanding of DevOps source control (Git etc);
- Have an understanding of DevOps tooling including Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins;
- Have experience of containerisation concepts and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS);
- Have experience of technologies such as API Gateway, lambda functions, Cognito pools, Route 53;
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.