Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission. Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Due to a recent business win, we have a requirement for a Security Manager based in the UK working remotely and at a customer site.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a result of some exciting programme wins, we currently have a permanent vacancy for a Security Manager to support the transition & in-service running (inc capability upgrades) of an IT application and infrastructure solution providing support to a critical operational end user.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS & Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from a Cloud background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. To undertake security activities within the Defence Intelligence domain.
The Security Engineer (SecE) will be responsible for the security elements being designed and implemented across a diverse enterprise solution. The successful candidate will answer to the Information Security Manager. The role will require travel between sites and interaction with the Customer, and subcontractors as necessary.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Architecture/engineering support;
- Operational support.
- Undertake security impact assessments are carried out on proposed changes, where necessary;
- Liaise with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements, thus coordinating the strategic planning implicit in these architectures;
- Assist in the review of technical proposals and change documentation as required;
- Consult with IT and security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and software;
- Design, coordinate, deliver and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks or issues;
- Implement or review technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and leadership skills who has:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT industry preferably with at least 2 years of security experience;
- A proven history in Risk Assessment;
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (predominantly 440 and 604), Safety and ILS practices and policies;
- Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to work on diverse projects as the need arises;
- Current SC clearance; willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances;
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.