The Defense Group is seeking a Associate Director, Subcontracts to support an operations in the Defense Group. This role will report directly to the Group Procurement Director and will be an integrated member of the operations, supporting operation leadership. The Associate Director, Subcontracts is responsible for full life cycle (“cradle to grave”) subcontract management and materials management within the operations. This role will manage and lead a team of approximately 10-15 procurement leaders & professionals.
The Associate Director, Subcontracts will oversee and manage overall subcontract compliance for programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively, while leading a geographically dispersed team in a dynamic environment.
The Associate Director, Subcontracts is responsible for managing procurement professionals in executing day to day activities, providing training, conducting performance reviews, establishing developmental actions, and providing mentorship to a team with varied levels of proficiencies.
- Accountable for all Operation procurement activities to include new business capture and program execution
- Lead full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs within the operations, including but not limited to: proposal support activities, negotiations of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, preparation of solicitations packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiations of terms and conditions, award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution and closeout activities.
- Develop strategy for competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor/supplier performance
- Ensure that subcontract files are appropriately reviewed and approved in accordance with the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations, conducting regular file audits
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve issues of varying degrees of complexity
- Ensure that customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements
- Develop prime contract flow down documents
- Coordinates closely with the Director of Contracts for each operation to ensure subcontracting activities are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives, collaborating on and driving resolution of procurement issues impacting contract performance
- Monitor supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the operations
- Resolve supplier performance and/or quality issues in collaboration with operational leadership
- Advise operations leadership on procurement issues
- Promote a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 8+years of prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of supervising/leading teams and projects
- Experience developing acquisition strategies for aircraft production, maintenance, and support.
- CPSM, CPC or CFCM, ISM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to energize a geographically dispersed team of professionals at various levels
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00